Fairchild TXI7850/7851 Moisture Resistant Electro-Pneumatic Transducer
The Fairchild TXI7850/7851 Transducer is an electronically controlled pressure sensitive device that converts a current signal to a pneumatic output. The Piezoelectric ceramic disk in the Primary Converting Section functions as a flapper. The flapper and the nozzle work together to control the signal pressure in the Relay Section.
- Explosion-proof NEMA 4X, IP65, Type 4 enclosure for outdoor and indoor installations.
- Optional tapped exhaust port vents exhaust gas.
- Canadian Registration Numbers (CRN) certification for all territories and provinces.
- Does not contain copper-based metals.
- Compact size for use in restricted areas.
- Internal electronic feedback maintains precise output pressure control.
- Piezoelectric actuator disk provides stability regardless of vibration or position.
- RFI/EMI protection eliminates susceptibility to elecromagnetic interference.
- Optional version approved for use with Natural Gas or Industrial Methane as a supply media.
- Encapsulated critical components designed to make unit moisture resistant in tough environments.
The Fairchild TXI7850/7851 Transducer is composed of the Primary Converting Section and the Relay Section. The Piezoelectric ceramic disk in the Primary Section functions as a flapper. The flapper and the nozzle work together to control the signal pressure in the Relay Section. The signal pressure acts on a diaphragm assembly that controls the pressure in the output chamber.
The output pressure is sensed by the lower control diaphragm to maintain the output pressure. The output pressure is also sensed by the feedback control circuit, which compares the output pressure and input signal (setpoint) to maintain constant output pressure.
The Damping Adjustment on the PC Board allows tuning the transducer for optimum response and stability. Large downstream volumes generally require more damping to achieve output pressure stability.
See the Catalogue Pages for full specification including associatied approvals.
Catalogue Pages including ordering details